Free Guided Tour with Museum Docent
Join us for a free, guided tour of our current exhibitions with museum docent.
About our Saturday tours
- While drawing on traditions that are hundreds and thousands of years old, Indigenous Australian art is contemporary, and exhibitions usually include a diversity of artworks, from paintings on bark and canvas to sculpture and films.
- Tours are typically led by knowledgeable docents, but are sometimes given by Indigenous Australian artists! On the first Saturday of each month a staff member leads the tour, which sometimes includes a behind-the-scenes expedition into the museum’s art storage space.
- Tours typically last between 30 and 45 minutes, and are free and open to the public. Reservations are not needed.
- Have kids? A scavenger hunt is always available, as is an interactive activity suitable for ages 3 – 100.
- Want to make it an outing? Pair the tour with a walk on the beautiful trails nearby and finish with lunch at a restaurant nearby.