Volunteering at Kluge-Ruhe
Volunteers play an essential role in engaging our audiences and supporting staff by working behind-the-scenes. Volunteering your time enables you to share your passion and enthusiasm for art, while knowing that you are helping to enrich our community. No previous knowledge of Aboriginal art is necessary.
Become a Museum Guide
Museum guides act as the face of the museum. They have more responsibility than docents, though giving tours is a part of the role. They greet and orient visitors upon arrival, monitor and create reservations, process gift shop sales to visitors, sell memberships to visitors, offer gallery activities for visitors with children, deliver 20-30 minute tours of the current exhibitions, answer the phone, and ensure the visitor experience is as terrific as possible. They also help to maintain a positive appearance in the gift shop and act as ambassadors for Kluge-Ruhe in their community.
- Sign up for a minimum of (2) three hour shifts per month.
- Give one 20-30 minute tour of the current exhibitions during each shift.
- Read or watch something new each month about Aboriginal art and culture (This may be done during your volunteer shift).
- Attend volunteer training sessions.
- Volunteer at one Night at the Museum event each summer.
- Stay up to date on, and attend, Kluge-Ruhe programs.
We are not currently accepting applications for the position of museum guide. Applications will reopen in June and training for new museum guides will take place in summer 2022.
Another, less formal way you can help Kluge-Ruhe is to be an ambassador for us. You can do this by:
- encouraging friends and relatives to visit the museum
- sign up for our e-newsletter (scroll to the bottom of the page) and share it widely
- follow us on Instagram and Facebook and share our posts on your pages
- subscribe to our YouTube channel
- review us on Google, TripAdvisor and Yelp
- donate to Kluge-Ruhe
If you are doing all of this, let us know! We would love to thank you for your support.